Interim IT Customer Support Manager
TR Ref: 13571
Contract Duration: 3 months initially, with possible subsequent extension
Contract Hours: 14:00 – 22:30, to align with the US working day
Rate: Up to £400/day, – IR35 determination TBC, but will likely be deemed inside.
Location: Mostly Remote, but with occasional visits to their offices on the Surrey/W Sussex border
Our client is looking to hire an interim IT Customer Support Manager, to manage operations and improve the maturity and efficiency of their global IT support teams.
This rapidly scaling software and services company operates in the life sciences sector. They have 13 directly employed Helpdesk Support specialists (8 in the US & 5 in the UK), along with another 6 in Asia & Australia through an MSP arrangement, all of whom are supporting their 1,200 globally dispersed internal users.
- Develop an efficient and flexible Customer Support function, supporting business strategy
- Drive customer service excellence by executing methodologies and processes to improve Incident and Request resolutions, consistently
- Provide key metrics, reporting KPI’s and service trend analysis, delivering tangible performance improvements
- Create, maintain and manage the Service Desk knowledge base and customer records
- Manage all resources including purchasing, inventory and asset storage
- Lead user empowerment and increase customer satisfaction through initiatives that promote new ways of working
- Manage Major Incidents, ensuring reactive and proactive customer and IT management comms
- Develop and manage SLA’s to drive service maturity and excellence, in a rapidly scaling environment
- At least 10 years experience in IT support and/or customer service
- At least 3 years experience in a global IT management role
- Demonstrable experience successfully building, leading, coaching and motivating similar sized global IT Support Teams
- Metric-based performance improvement experience
- Experience implementing and improving support strategies, policies, systems and processes that have resulted in measurable improvements
- Skilled in developing Service Management toolsets (ServiceNow preferred) and driving process automation
- ITIL certification preferred (or extensive experience in an ITIL Service Management environment)
- Excellent communications skills, able to present and communicate IT concepts at all levels
We’re looking for a people-person, who is passionate about IT customer service delivery. You will be driven to achieve high-quality IT support services that are delivered consistently and will be continuously looking for ways to improve your team’s performance and outcomes.