Implementation Consultant – Project Controls software
This is a unique opportunity to join a successful, rapidly expanding Oracle Gold Partner, specialising in the implementation and optimisation of Oracle’s Primavera and Unifier project controls systems.
We’re looking for a smart, self-motivated individual with experience of project controls / project management software and an understanding of how major construction projects are delivered. You will be highly articulate, mentally agile, with excellent IT and problem solving skills, a naturally consultative manner and a great work ethic. In return, you will be mentored and trained by Subject Matter Experts, working on their client’s site in central London (at least for the first 12 months) and from home.
- Acts as key liaison between the business and technology areas, working with Project Managers, Commercial Managers and other functional specialists, along with Solution Architects and the Development team.
- Administration and monitoring of Oracle Unifier, across several major construction programmes
- Design, configure and administer business processes within Unifier and Unifier Reporting
- Coordinate configuration of back-end components, middleware, and infrastructure components in support of application development
- Supports weekly iteration demos, system analysis and debugging
- Develop test plans
- Develop and deliver user training
Mandatory Knowledge & Experience:
- Understanding and experience of how large construction/infrastructure/utility projects are delivered, including the project controls, cost and risk management, from bidding and pre-setup through planning and execution to final project close-out.
- An appreciation of how Primavera P6 / EPPM is used to schedule and control projects, including an understanding of the triple constraints of time, schedule and cost
- An appreciation of contract management functions, both pre and post award eg NEC3, JCT, FIDIC.
- Advanced MS Excel skills, for data capture and reporting
- An understanding of how project controls software integrates with other SAP, CM or ERP applications.
- First class communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to confidently present data
- Strong technical problem solving skills and effective decision making
- Highly IT capable, with an interest in relevant emerging technologies (drones, 3D scanning etc)
- The ability to obtain Security Clearance
Desirable Knowledge & Experience:
A knowledge / appreciation of the following would be ideal but you will be mentored and trained / further developed in these areas anyway:
- Experience of the tools, methodologies and processes used for Project Controls, Cost Control, Document Control, Contract Management, Change Management (scope, time, cost) and Project Management.
- Technical skills including: Business Intelligence and Analytics, inc reports and dashboards; SQL databases; Web Services; Business Process Modelling and tools.
- Experience of Oracle Primavera Unifier (uDesigner, UDR reports, admin, custom prints and reports etc)
If you have the requisite combination of IT skills and project controls knowledge, with a great work ethic and communications skills, this is a truly remarkable opportunity to accelerate your career. You will be joining a high growth consultancy, who really do value their staff and offer all the training needed to become an expert in this domain.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.