Global Head of Business Systems Technology
Job Title: Global Head of Business Systems Technology
TR Ref: 13499
Location: West Midlands OR London (WFH 3-4 days/week, post-Covid)
This is a newly created leadership role within a large data and services organisation, responsible for building and leading a team who will deliver and run a diverse range of back-office solutions used by more than 25K employees across 100 countries.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Strategic Direction – setting the technical direction of back-office solutions, building end-to-end solutions and strategic roadmaps to maximise outcomes.
- Financial Management – managing a significant, multi-$m/yr, budget.
- Leadership – Ensuring your team have the support, skills and knowledge to perform at their best.
- Business Engagement – work with senior stakeholders to understand their strategic needs.
- Project Leadership – overall responsibility for all relevant business systems projects.
- Communication – with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Transparency – reporting system and project health to the business.
You will be leading complex projects, utilising internal and external teams, to deliver a wide range of back-office systems eg Accounting, Finance, Procurement, ERPs, CRMs, Performance Management, Legal, Contract Management and many more.
You will be building your own team (c.25-30 FTE) that will comprise BAs, PMs, Functional Consultants / Business Partners, Test Lead, Trainer, Support Engineers, Security & Access Controls etc, which you will supplement with additional resources and specialist skills from elsewhere within the group and from a range of IT partners and vendors, as needed.
Mandatory Skills and Experience (please only apply if you match all of the following criteria):
- An accomplished tech leader and mentor, especially in the areas of software and application requirements, assessment, design (buy or build) and architecture.
- Experienced leading globally dispersed tech teams (20+) in a similarly sized, global, matrixed organisation.
- Experience in: Leading Business Case creation; Vendor selection & negotiation; Driving performance of outsourced partners and vendors; Project controls, planning and driving scope; Championing best practice, promoting consistency and collaboration; Leading idea and design sessions
- Exceptional Stakeholder Management skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences, able to building consensus with senior finance and business leaders
- Outstanding relationship management, communication and influencing skills
- An effective, logical problem solver, able to break down and solve challenging problems
- Culturally astute, experienced operating in an international matrix environment
- Detailed understanding of technology control processes (ITIL preferred) and the ability to use process to consistently deliver quality, on time.