Director of Software Development
Job Title: Director of Software Development
TR Ref: DB/13538
Location: Home-based (but need to reside in the UK)
A fantastic opportunity to lead an impressive, geographically dispersed, team of approx. 70 Software Developers and Architects for a global SaaS business that delivers AI-powered enterprise analytics.
You will be leading their customer-focused software engineering teams through 7 direct reports (tech experts and Dev Team Leads), covering the entire SDLC of their implementations and upgrades. You will be focused on driving efficiencies, inc automation and process improvements, for both Agile and Waterfall work, along with introducing appropriate software engineering standards.
- Plan and direct all development activities to deliver efficient, scalable and high-quality software to their customers
- Ensure development plans, forecasts and budgets are managed effectively, inc. accurate demand forecasting and capacity management, with an effective sourcing and onboarding model to support the pipeline
- Estimate new projects
- Ensure performance and personal development to enhance knowledge
- Lead a portfolio of development activities highlighting risks and issues, enabling timely decisions
- Reporting on development statuses, resourcing and schedules
- Collaborate across the business to ensure deliverables are met
- Ensure all applications and services output from your team are secure, scalable, easily supportable, high performing and meets user privacy regulations
- Define and embed critical metrics to ensure continuous performance and productivity monitoring
- Optimise performance by ensuring the correct structure, process/frameworks and clear focus on priorities
- Ensure quick resolution of customer defects
- Ensure accurate, current technical documentation
- Supports the transformation initiatives for the entire Professional Services team and the wider business
- Has successfully built, developed and/or led development teams with a focus on continuous improvement, ensuring clear responsibility and holding people to account
- 10 yrs full SDLC experience, at least 3 years of which has been leading a software development function
- Demonstrable application architecture skills
- DevOps experience, inc. CI/CD
- Sound knowledge of cloud computing, SaaS & PaaS concepts
- A strategic thinker, able to translate requirements to detailed execution plans
- Able to drive complex dev programs, at pace
- Effective handling multiple, often competing, priorities within a fast-paced environment. Resilient to cope with high-pressure situations and change
- Self-motivated, comfortable operating autonomously whilst always aligned to the wider company’s objectives
- Excellent comms and interpersonal skills, able to quickly build trust
- Experienced working in multi-layered, global, matrix environments
Our client is part of a large (multi-$bn) group of companies with a truly global presence. They are already working with more than 50% of Fortune 500 companies and are well-funded with a remit for significant growth over the coming months/years
In addition to a competitive salary, you will enjoy a 20% bonus and a great range of other benefits including private healthcare, income protection, life assurance etc.
Finally, this is a true remote working role, with only occasional visits needed to London and Europe.