Business Development Manager (electronics manufacturing)
This Surrey based contract electronics manufacturer, produces a diverse range of custom sub assemblies, 19 racking cabinets and associated power supplies for the telecoms and transportation sectors, especially the rail industry. They handle everything in house (apart from outsourced PCB assembly), from initial design and prototyping through production to on-site installation, commissioning and maintenance. They are ISO9001 accredited and utilise lean manufacturing techniques. Recent expansion has seen them move into larger premises with a strategic plan in place for continued and accelerated growth over the coming years.
This critical role reports directly to the MD with responsibility for building and maintaining relationships to identify opportunities and converting them into sales along with generating market knowledge.
You will be on the road the majority of the time developing new business across a range of sectors, along with some time (probably 30%) managing and extending existing relationships.
You will also be required to develop and implement a product based sales strategy for service delivery, along with representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations, gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements and advising clients on forthcoming product developments.
This role enjoys a high degree of autonomy and will require you to negotiate on price, costs, delivery and specifications, along with creating proposals (as part of a formal bidding process) and quotations, with support from Head Office. You will also be expected to feed future buying trends and market information back to the business and help identify and develop market and service growth opportunities.
Knowledge and experience
• You will be bright, with the ability to think on your feet and sell integrated solutions as well as products.
• Rail or other transportation and/or telecoms industry experience would be preferred, but not essential.
• Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, selling ability, assertiveness, presentation skills and attention to detail.
• Salary: c £45k
• Company Commission Scheme, uncapped
• Company car
• Other benefits include: Life Assurance cover (4x salary), Medical Insurance and Pension Scheme membership after a qualifying period
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.