Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Manager
Our client provides a range of big data, intelligence and research services to global brands. They’re a highly regarded company, part of a FTSE100 group, employing over 100K staff globally. They’re now looking for a global Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Manager, based out of London, reporting directly to the Head of Information Security, to lead a small team of BC/DR specialists.
Whilst this role requires strong IT awareness, it is more BUSINESS focused Contingency and Disaster Recovery, rather than being purely IT systems focused, as their considerable IT infrastructure is delivered by IBM. By contrast though, you will certainly need to be commercially and business minded to thoroughly understand how their organisation operates, with particular regard to how they collect and handle vast amounts of their client’s data.
You will be responsible for defining the global BC/DR strategy, auditing, conducting gap analysis, reporting your recommendations and testing, but the execution of the resulting corrective actions will mostly be done by 3rd party companies in the relative country (mostly across Europe and the Americas). There will be occasional overseas travel, but probably only 2-3 trips / year.
Needless to say, communication and influencing skills are therefore paramount, as you will be working in a truly global, matrix managed environment, leading a remote team who deal with all divisions/geographies/levels of staff, within the company, the wider group and with external service providers.
- Coordinating the implementation of Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Risk Mitigation policies and procedures.
- Organising departmental BIA’s (Business Impact Analysis) with full verification of data
- Facilitating development and updates to the business continuity plans
- Providing BCP reports to management
- Creating documentation, procedures and workarounds for loss of each dependency
- Assistance in pre-test, test and post-test meetings
- Documenting events, exercises, tests and drills, and the development of after action reports
- Lead the BCP team to achieve the goals described for regions EMEA and the Americas
- Management / team lead experience would be preferred, but individuals with the requisite skills along with the behaviors and ability to step up to a management role will also be considered.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- 5+ years’ experience of Business Continuity planning / testing / analysis.
- Detailed knowledge of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery policies, processes and protocols and able to create end to end systems of prevention and recovery to deal with potential threats across the business
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Industry certification eg BCI, ITIL, Cobit, CBCP or similar.
- Strong, clear communication and influencing skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a truly global client who value their staff highly, offer excellent career progression and have a strong, forward-looking leadership team. They offer an excellent range of big company, flexible benefits (inc private healthcare, life assurance, income protection etc) and a bonus, which flexes in relation to individual / company performance but is generally worth another 10% of salary. They also have a remote working policy allowing you to work from home several days/week if you so choose.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.