Role: Lead Signalling Design Engineer
Rate: 350 to £450 /day
Location: M4 Corridor
This client have a reputation for developing and applying advanced Technologies that enables the worlds manufacturing and energy-generating facilities, mainline and mass transit networks enabling a safe and energy-efficient environment. Dedication in performing to the highest standards in each of the specific areas.
They provide a safe working environment for employees and other parties involved in the works they undertake. This global consultancy has a reputation for delivering world class projects of significant size and value on rigid time scales.
Our client is looking for a person with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels. A good outward appearance, self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure are vital.
- Allocate roles, responsibilities and production activities within the design team.
- Assist the signalling design management with planning, project programmes and associated time and resource estimates and skills requirements
- Implementation of the design scope, certifying that the designers working under you clearly understand the project requirements
- Report to the team leader, project manager, but ultimately to the group leader
- Assistance with the risk assessments and analysis using the appropriate tools and methods
- Thorough understanding of signalling principles backed by technical qualifications
- Lead a number of assistant Signalling Designers and junior technical staff with signalling design input to smaller signalling and railway projects as well as working as a part of a team comprising designers, engineers and technicians
- Ability to work under normal supervision through most of the work
- Ensure that satisfactory resolutions of technical queries and project anomalies are achieved
- IRSE license Signalling Principles Design Category (1.1.550) and ideally Signalling Design Verifier (1.1.160)
- Associate member of the IRSE and an Incorporated Engineer
- Good experience on signalling construction methods and instillation
- Hands-on experience of the production of outlined and detailed signalling designs and calculations. Other railway design experience within the rail industry is necessary
- Underpinning of signalling design principles, standards, components and fabrication methods to a good standard
- Knowledge of RRI, SSI or Mechanical systems ideally all three
- Updating of designs and records.
- IT literacy, proficient in use of CAD systems
- Client and third party liaison
Technology Resourcing are specialists in Signalling Design Jobs.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.